Welcome to the BLAC Happy Hour, where we are bringing you refreshingly Spring drink recipes to help you unwind and relax after a long day. With spring in full swing, it’s the perfect time to try out some new cocktails that will help you celebrate the season.
First up, we have the Bourbon and Apple Fizz. This drink is spot on for those who enjoy the bold flavor of bourbon, but want a refreshing twist. Note: Printable recipes at the bottom of the article.
The Perfect Springtime Cocktail
The bourbon and apple fizz is the perfect springtime cocktail. It’s refreshing, easy to make and customizable for your own taste preferences.
Refreshing: The combination of apples and lemon juice adds a bright flavor that will wake up your taste buds after a long winter.
Easy: This recipe only requires four ingredients (including ice) so it’s simple enough for anyone to make at home or on-the-go when they’re out with friends.
Customizable: You can add more or less bourbon depending on how strong you like your drinks; also try using different types of apples if you prefer sweeter flavors over tart ones!
This cocktail is perfect for springtime happy hour gatherings. It’s easy to make and can be customized to your liking. If you prefer a sweeter drink, add more simple syrup. If you like a stronger drink, add more bourbon. You can even substitute the bourbon with rum or vodka for a different twist.
So, gather your friends and enjoy this delicious Bourbon and Apple Fizz Recipe during your next happy hour. Cheers to spring!
To make this cocktail, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 oz Brough Brothers Bourbon (Black-Owned)
- 1 oz apple cider
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup (see recipe below)
- Ginger ale, to fill glass with ice cubes and top with ginger ale.
- For garnish: Apple slices and cinnamon sticks
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Add bourbon, apple cider, lemon juice and simple syrup to the shaker; shake well until chilled (about 30 seconds).
- Strain into a glass filled with ice; top with ginger ale and garnish with apple slices
Simple syrup recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water.Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.Remove from the heat and let cool completely.Transfer the simple syrup to a clean glass jar or bottle and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.
Note: You can adjust the sweetness of the syrup by changing the ratio of sugar to water. For a sweeter syrup, use more sugar; for a less sweet syrup, use less sugar. You can also add herbs or spices to the mixture while it simmers to infuse flavor into your syrup.
Customize to Your Liking
This cocktail is a great way to start your spring, and it’s easy to customize it to your liking. Add more simple syrup for a sweeter drink, or more bourbon for a stronger one. You can also substitute bourbon with rum or vodka for a different twist on this refreshing cocktail!
Blueberry Lime Gin Fizz
The Blueberry Lime Gin Fizz is a delicious cocktail that’s great for summer nights. The blueberry and lime combination is both tart and sweet. The lime juice and simple syrup balance out the sweetness of the blueberries and make this drink incredibly refreshing. You can make a few of them for yourself or share one with a friend!
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1 oz gin
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 1/2 oz blueberry liqueur
- Club soda
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the blueberries and lime juice together
- Add gin, simple syrup, and blueberry liqueur to the shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a glass filled with ice.
- Top off the glass with club soda.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and a few fresh blueberries.
- Enjoy your refreshing Blueberry Lime Gin Fizz!
Shandy Murray: A Refreshing Drink Recipe
If you’re looking for a refreshing drink to enjoy on a hot summer day, look no further than the Shandy Murray. This drink is a combination of rum and beer, with the mint sugar adding a little sweetness. The cocktail is refreshing and light, perfect for summer parties or afternoon drinks on a hot day. You can substitute lime juice for lemon if you prefer a sharper flavor.
To make a Shandy Murray, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 45ml Bumbu Rum (Black-Owned)
- 15ml yellow chartreuse
- 25ml lime juice
- 2 tsp mint sugar
- Mint or leaves
- To top up blonde ale
Put the first five ingredients into a cocktail shaker, fill with ice and shake hard for about 10 seconds. Fill a high-ball with ice and strain the cocktail into the glass. Top with the blonde ale and garnish with a couple of mint or sage leaves.